When creating or editing content for your Stacks site, administrators also have the ability to configure a number of settings related to when content is published and who can access it, these settings are configured for each type of content that is created and can differ as needed. Settings include:
- Menu settings
- Meta tags
- Content protection
- Scheduling options
- URL alias
- Domain settings
The menu settings on the publishing workflow can be configured for the following content types:
- Directory listings
- Index pages & entries
- Landing pages
- News articles
When applicable, expand the Menus section of the Publishing workflow to adjust the following settings:
- Revision log - can be used to briefly summarize changes to already created content or settings associated with the content
- Provide a Menu Link - when checked, allows a staff user to add the content or page to the main menu
- Menu link title - used to display the proper name/label for the menu item
- Description - will be displayed when a mouse hovers over the menu link
- Parent Link - is used to place the menu link below the desired link
- Weight - used to determine the position of the link, the larger the number, the further down the menu link will appear
Content protection enables administrators to restrict specific content to users within a certain patron segment, role or IP address range.
- Patron Segments - specify the segments that should be allowed to access the content
- IP Whitelist - when enabled, will grant access to the content for those who are physically located on premise or logged into a network via an approved virtual private network (vpn) without the need to authenticate as a patron or staff user
- User Roles - when enabled, will grant access to view content if the user is assigned to a role that has been defined by an Administrator by selecting one or more role(s)
Scheduling options provide administrators with the flexibility to prepare content at any time, then specify a publish or unpublish date and time.
- Publish on - dates are entered in the format YYYY-MM-DD and your site’s configured time zone in a 12-hour format
- Unpublish on - dates are entered in the format YYYY-MM-DD and use your site’s configured time zone in a 12-hour format
Each page and content block in Stacks is assigned a node path that can be read by machines in addition to a human-readable alias based on the content's title. If this generated alias is not suitable, administrators have the option to define a custom URL alias that will be used instead of the node path or the auto-generated URL.
To use a customized URL alias:
- Uncheck the option: Generate automatic URL alias
- URL alias - enter your desired alternate path with a leading forward-slash (/)
- For example: if you want a page url to be www.yourwebsite.com/about-us, type: /about-us
The Domain settings allow administrators to enabling the publishing of content on one or more desired domains. For example, if educational institute has three separate sites with different target audiences but have a shared announcement they can create the content on one domain and publish it on one or more pages.
To make content available on one or more domain:
- Check the domains the content can be published to if desired; or
- Check the option Send to all affliates to make available on all domains
Domain Source is used to determine which domain the source content is stored on.