Google Analytics is an analytic service provided by Google to track and report website traffic on your Stacks site. Google Analytics can help site administrators understand how users interact with your site. You must have a Google Analytics account for your organization.
Effective July 1, 2023, Google has discontinued the processing of usage data from sites using a Universal Analytics web property ID. To ensure the uninterrupted collection of site usage data, it is essential to update your site with a new Google Analytics 4 property ID. Failure to do so will result in the loss of site usage data.
- Universal Analytics vs Google Analytics 4
- Migrate existing events from Universal Analytics properties to GA 4 properties
Setup Google Analytics Account & GA4 Property
Please read the Set up Analytics for a website and/or app article from Google Analytics to register a Google Analytics account and create a new Google Analytics 4 property.
Configure Google Analytics Measurement ID in Stacks
After you have obtained your Google Analytics ID you will need to add it to your Stacks configuration. Follow the steps below to configure Google Analytics.
- Navigate to the Google analytic dashboard
(Dashboard > Integrations > Analytics > Google analytics).
- Expand the General settings section and enter your Google Analytics Measurement ID.
- If you have a Premium Google analytic account, enable the option for Premium account to increase the number of dimensions and metrics from 20 to 200.
- Click the Save configuration.