Administrators can create and manage location and hour information from their Stacks site dashboard.
To create locations
- From the Dashboard, click Locations & Hours
- Click +Add Location
- Complete the fields in the form:
- Location Name - the official or most commonly used name of the location
- Google Maps embedded code - paste the embed code directly from Google Maps
- Google Places query - the Google Places API key must be configured in Stacks for this
- If using Google Places query, information will automatically populate in several fields on this Create Location form, review the information and complete any other fields as needed
- Language - select the language this location's information is completed in (for translation purposes)
- Weight - determines the order of this location, if there are multiple locations
- Country - Select from the drop-down list
- State / Province - select from the list
- This only applies to the US and Canada
- City - type the name of the village/town/city
- Street Address - type the mailing or physical address location.
- Postal Code / Zip Code
- Geocode (Latitude and Longitude fields) - enter the map coordinates of the location's address.
- Hours for each day of the week - enter the operating hours for each day of the week
- For closed days type Closed or leave blank
- Phone - patrons will see in the Hours and Location block on the homepage
- Fax - patrons will see in the Hours and Location block on the homepage
- Email - patrons will see in the Hours and Location block on the homepage
- Review and configure the Publishing workflow as needed
- Click Save
Once the location has been created it can be added to landing pages as needed. See the article Adding Content to Landing Pages for more information on how to add content (such as location and hours) to a landing page.